- Analyze data and images collected from fab, develop new and novel methods to improve manufacturing processes and the yield.
- Based on the above data, decompose and analyze IC design data, determine the factors that limit the yield of IC manufacturing process.
- Apply techniques in statistics analysis and Big Data to discover valuable information from the manufacturing process.
- Design and prototype a new data analysis tool to improve IC manufacturing process. Validate the tool and the algorithms involved against the real process data.
- Supervise and facilitate the software engineering team to transform this tool into a robust software product.
- Proficiency in Matlab, or an equivalent math prototyping language.
- Solid background in mathematics and/or physics. Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and critical thinking skills.
- Solid theoretical background in signal/image processing, computer vision, computational geometry and pattern recognition
- Knowledge or experience in semiconductor lithography and IC design
- Proficiency in written and oral communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A good team player
Desired but not required
- Knowledge of advanced engineering mathematics, numerical algorithms, computer graphics, computational geometry, image and signal processing, statistics, optimization algorithms, optical imaging theory, lithography modelling
- Familiarity with UNIX environment, scripting languages
- Experience in Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and large data structure
- MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics or related discipline
- Willingness to learn new technologies and take on challenging problems
- Experience in semiconductor industry is a plus
- San Jose, California